Signing up to be an On-Site Mentor (OSM)
Definition of a Recon mentor:
- has valuable spiritual life experience to share
- has maturity and stability in the Lord
- wants to help expedite spiritual growth in a student
- is same gender as student
- shared times of prayer
- conversations about many things like (but not limited to):
- any other area of interest the student desires help in
- no minimum or maximum amount of time together (parties decide)
- no minimum or maximum frequency of visits (parties decide)
- formal or informal style (parties decide)
- structured or flexible style (parties decide)
To apply to be an OSM, please login or register and click I want to be a mentor and fill out Mentor Bio.
We warn every student never to meet any stranger alone whom they've met only on a website (including this one), and to do so only during daylight hours. This is a precaution for both students and mentors. Mentors, when meeting a student, pick a safe public place in your community where people typically congregate. It is your responsibility to take the lead and be safe and wise, since you are the local resident and the mentor. Recon is not liable in any way for any and all negative outcomes resulting from linking mentors and students.
NOTE 2: If you would like to increase your mentoring skills, please go to www.passingthebaton.org for valuable information to assist you in growing as a mentor.