- Recon recognizes that its members, visitors and others who use www.reconweb.com value their privacy. This Privacy Notice details important information regarding the use and disclosure of user information collected on the Recon website. Recon provides this Privacy Notice to help you make an informed decision about whether to use or continue using the Recon website.
- This policy covers how Recon treats personal information that Recon collects and receives, including information related to your past use of Recon products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, phone number, personal background and interests that may not otherwise be publicly available.
Information Collection and Use
- The Recon website’s intended use is for redemptive networking –-networking for the purpose of expanding and building the Kingdom of God on college and university campuses. It is not designed for, nor should it be used for, other purposes such as social networking, “surfing” for new friends, etc. Its purpose is intentionally strengthening God’s witnesses on college and university campuses throughout the US through networking voluntary participants who are active Christian students committed to following Jesus as Lord and serious about the Great Commission.
- Recon collects personal information when you register yourself on the Recon website, and/or when you purchase Recon products or services. Our databases contain only information you provide. All your personal information is on the secure part of the site. Personal contact information you provide will be visible and accessible only to other Recon members.
- When you register on our website, we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, address, and personal interests. Notice that we do not ask for, nor do we need, your Social Security number. When you register with Recon and sign in with us, you are not anonymous to us.
- Recon collects and retains information about your transactions on our site only as a matter of record and for no other purpose.
- Recon automatically receives and records information from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information, and the requests you make.
- Recon uses information for the following general purposes: to fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services and contact you from time to time as the need warrants.
- The youngest person suitable to register on the Recon website is the age at which that person is choosing to attend a college, university or other post-high school educational institution.
- Recon does not initiate contacts with minors or adults. Such contact must be initiated by others seeking the site and its services whose intentions and desires match the purposes of this website. All contact messages from Recon website will be sent only to those who have registered themselves on the Recon network.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Recon does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you to anyone except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Recon may set and access cookies -- a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters -- to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. Recon uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Recon uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Your browser may use persistent cookies on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your Recon Account Information, including your marketing preferences, at any time. In fact, we encourage you to do so as soon as possible after changes warrant such editing.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Recon service, such as service announcements and administrative messages that are considered part of your Recon account.
- You can update, modify and/or delete your Recon account by visiting our account at any time.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information to only a few individuals responsible for (1) maintaining this site, and/or (2) contacting you with that information regarding products or services, or significant changes.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
-The Recon website and all those who join the Recon network agree that our partnership is “at will,” meaning that the partnership continues until and unless one of us decides we no longer want to continue it. For us, that means we reserve the right to delete and remove anyone registered on the Recon website at any time for any reason. However, we will delete a person’s membership primarily because we have determined that an individual is using his/her membership in a way other than its stated purposes and will do our best to block his/her return to membership in the future.
- Recon may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Recon account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.